5 things you can be working on right now while you wait out the storm…
- Market Research: Take the internet and
start doing some research. Learn what is (or has been) trending in your
industry, what your competitors are (or have been) up to, what people have been
saying about your product or services (take to Google, Community Facebook Pages
and forums), read articles about projections for your industry and suggestion
on how you can manage moving forward.
- Social Media: Learn about how to use
social media, how to build a brand or how to become an influencer, learn more
about buying behaviors, how people are using social media and how you can use
social media platforms to build your audience, followers and promote your
product or service.
- Get out the camera: start taking and
collecting photos you can use in the future for branding. Take pictures of your
products, your services (how you deliver them), and yourself. Download some
photo editing apps and start playing with filters, captions and other effects
to bring your photos to life.
- Learn something new: There are a ton of
free resources online, especially “mini courses”, start taking some online
courses to help you better serve your clients. You can learn new techniques,
new ways of improving your own well being or ways you can deliver your product
or service in a more efficient way.
- Read: Now is a great time to work on personal, profession and business development. Reading can help reduce stress, improve sleep and build memory retention. It’s also a great way to learn, improve and grow both personally and professionally. I’ll be sharing some book suggestions in my next post.
Focus on the things you can control, get excited about what you can do now so that you are prepared for what the future holds for you and your business. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions on where and how to get started. I’d love to share, with you, some resources, information and tools that have helped me stay strong during this season in our lives.